T&MW Awards Nomination Procedure
Schedule for 2013 Awards
- Entries accepted: now through November 15, 2012
- Finalists announced online (on the T&MW Website): November 26, 2012
- Online voting November 26 to December 31
- Winners announced online: February 1, 2013
Deadline: Thursday, November 15, 2012
The Best in Test awards honor new products introduced over the past year.
The Test of Time award honors a product introduced at least five years ago that continues t o provide state-of-the-art service.
Please review the information below and follow the Nomination Procedure to submit your nomination.
Best in Test Awards
Test-, measurement-, and inspection-related products or services that were released between November 1, 2011, and November 15, 2012, are eligible for the 2012 Best in Test awards. From all nominations received, our editors will select the Best in Test finalists in several categories. We will announce the finalists on www.tmworld.com in November.
Readers will be asked to visit our Website for more information about each product and to cast their votes for the Best in Test award winners. The Best in Test winner in each category will be chosen by a combination of reader votes and editorial staff votes. The Best in Test winner that receives the most overall votes will also be named the Test Product of the Year.
Test of Time Award
Only products or services introduced before January 1, 2007, are eligible for the 2012 Test of Time award. Our editors will choose the Test of Time finalists from the nominations we receive, and we will announce the finalists on www.tmworld.com in November. Readers and editors will then vote for the Test of Time award winner.
Test Engineer of the Year
Test & Measurement World acknowledges the special contributions that engineering test makes with our annual Test Engineer of the Year award. Each year, we invite the test community to nominate engineers for this prestigious award. From the recommendations we receive, we select six finalists and publish profiles of them on www.tmworld.com. From among those six, readers vote for the Test Engineer of the Year. This award is sponsored by National Instruments (NI), and the winner will designate an educational institution to receive a $10,000 grant, courtesy of NI.
The nomination fee is $249 for each product or service that you nominate for a Best in Test award or the Test of Time award.
You can pay the nomination fee and submit your nomination information using our online system. (If you are unable to pay the fee online, see below.) Before beginning the nomination process, please collect the following information:
1. Company name
2. URL of company's Website
3. The name of the product or service being nominated (the exact name as it should appear in print)
4. The date the product or service was released to the market
5. A brief description of the product or service that explains why it is worthy of an award. Nominations for Best in Test awards have a 150-word limit. Test of Time award nominations have a 250-word limit. The description should answer such questions as:
- What makes this product or service unique?
- What technical need does it fill?
- What can a user do with this product or service that he or she could not have done before?
6. Contact information; if this product should win, to whom should we send the letter of notification? (We will notify two people, but at least one of them must be an employee of the manufacturer.)
7. A digital image of the product
8. A press release or other evidence of the release date.
Once you have gathered the above information, please go to one of the following to submit your nomination and your nomination fee:
If you are unable to pay the nomination fee online, please contact:
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your nomination.